English (United States) translation bug

Continuing the discussion from Discourse Translator:

We recently activated the translation plugin, and it’s awesome. Our international community is going to benefit so much from it! Our only issue is the bug with the English (United States) option. We are using the workaround listed in the mentioned thread, but it will be harder to get our community on board. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

1 Like

Can you clarify what the bug is?

3 Likes

Of course. I didn’t want to duplicate the other issue, but the bug is:

when using the English (United States) option for translation, it results in this error:

{"error"=>{"code"=>400, "message"=>"Invalid Value", "errors"=>[{"message"=>"Invalid Value", "domain"=>"global", "reason"=>"invalid"}]}}

The text is not translated. It does work for the standard English option, which is what we are currently using. I think some of our users are going to select the US option, though.

2 Likes

Hi Katy,

I’ve deployed a fix for the google translator. Let me know if you still have problems with the plugin once you revert the site’s default locale to English (United States).

4 Likes

Yes! Thank you so much, it’s working now.

1 Like