I have a list of about 100 tags added in Tag-Group-A, some of them have been used to tag posts (active), some of them never used.
For unknown reason some of the existing tags (used and never used) stop appearing in the optional tags list when trying to add them to a topic (either new or when editing old topic).
Any ideas how to fix the weird things described below?
As an admin I can create a copy of such a broken tag and add it to a topic, i.e.:
- Suppose I have a broken “tagX”, when I type the “tagX” into the tag-chooser, I get the No matches found note (although it is in “Tag-Group-A” and category has no tag restrictions).
- But if I add a " " (space), then the “tagX” gets added to the list of tags (in the input box).
- However, when I hit save button the tagX appears in the tags list under the title of the topic, but immediately disappears. (looks like optimistic updates)
- I removed the broken tags from “Tag-Group-A” and added them to a new “Tag-Group-B”.
- Now I can successfully add those tags to new and old topics, as expected.
- The reverse doesn’t work, i.e. if I move those tags back to “Tag-Group-A” - same problem.
I’ve looked at number of topics about tags (including Tag gets broken if the first topic to use it is deleted) and:
- going to
my.site/latest?status=deletedfor the first time, I saw the list of previously deleted topics.
- I opened one deleted topic and removed some tags (although those tags weren’t among broken ones) and saved the post (and deleted it again).
after that going to the same
my.site/latest?status=deleted, I repeatedly get the 404 page (Page doesn’t exist or not public) although I’m the Admin
EDIT: This is single-container Discourse-only VPS, at (5ad1709)