First Quote Badge awarded after a month

Today I was awarded First Quote badge for a post which I wrote more than a month ago. Is there’s some issue with timings of the badge? See the badge awarded

Now see the date of the post for which this badge is awarded

6 Likes

Can you test this on try and see if it works as expected @tshenry?

1 Like

I just earned the badge on this site for a post from 6 days ago. And I’m virtually certain it’s not my first quote here.

1 Like

Can you think of any reason this would have regressed @sam?

Maybe the bug @david talked about where our scheduler was clogged that @tgxworld fixed?

5 Likes

I got both First Quote and First Emoji today - but they apply to prior dates.

I was awarded the Wiki Editor and First Quote badge today as well, although they were completed prior.

1 Like

On try, I received the First Quote badge/notification about 5 seconds after posting my first quote, so working as expected there.

4 Likes

Not that it’s a particularly big deal, but I got awarded First Quote for a post I made back in August last year. :upside_down_face:

Yeah these issues are specific to meta per @sam and @tgxworld

Technically this is a long standing bug in mini_scheduler but the queue starvation problem only got exposed on specific sites where we enabled a problem schedule.

We will get this properly sorted soon.

5 Likes

Hmmm…

Looks like the quoted post was created here:

So looks like the scheduler is all right, the record was created just recently.

This post was rebaked a few days ago.

So somehow the quoted_post record only got created then.

I went ahead and fixed quoted_post so we stop destroying the record each time a rebake happens per this somewhat tricky commit:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/b2dc65f9534ea041818b9b968f60959b4f707705

I also picked a slightly better poison for the “grant date” we grant the badge at the date the post was originally created which may be different to the data a quote was inserted.

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/1c57ae66571f99ce3249d798188c5234e4a78e93

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.