Forum doesn't load after installing on AWS Linux

Resolved issue by installing Ubuntu on AWS

1 Like

I would first delete the AAAA record. Discourse-setup tests the dns record when it runs, did you install using Discourse-setup?

One guess is that one of your DNS records is wrong.

Do you have a firewall blocking your ports? I can’t even ping the IP address provided so it is hard to guess if the problem lies at the firewall or the droplet itself.

3 Likes

Alright I’ve deleted it, same outcome.

No, Discord Setup would not proceed due to port 443 being not assessable (port 80 succeeded though), not due to propagation either, I’ve already waited 24 hours.

No, no firewalls are present. I double checked with my hosting provider Hostinger, whom said no firewalls for my subdomain/domain were present on their end.

:exclamation: I’ll post the Discord Doctor log file tomorrow, since Discourse keeps wanting me to rebuild the package each time I reconnect to the SSH instance. (11:32pm AEST for me right now) It takes a good 15 minutes to do.

Let’s encrypt PASSED successfully by the way

I don’t think its the DNS… I have a feeling it might be the AWS IP, since when you go to the Public IP it shows the timed out or access refused error as well, where our DNS for the subdomain is pointed to.

Then something is blocking or using port 443. This is your problem, just like discourse-setup told you before you built your first container.

1 Like

I have some doubts,

With AWS Linux, do you mean the Amazon Linux 2 image? Or do you use another operating system?

Have you opened the corresponding ports from the AWS Control Panel?

Are you using an Elastic IP?

:thinking:

I’m not following!
Are you hosting with Hostinger? or with AWS?

if it is aws, I’m a 100% sure its their firewall (security groups) that is causing all this trouble.

1 Like

Amazon Linux 2 operating system

Our subdomain is provided by hostinger
The rest is AWS

So you need to get into your aws account, then check the Security Group for the instance to enable Inbound Port 80, 443 for all IPs (0.0.0.0/0)

2 Likes

This is what it looks like right now is that right, do I need to modify or delete any?

One of these would be linked to your ec2 instance. Find that one first.

Easiest way is to find on the instances tab

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.