My discourse forum is showing following Oops message. Please help to resolve.
You can get to safe mode by adding
/safe-mode to the url like
You should see a bunch of options like:
Still shows same message
Actually, I had added a new plugin today - https://github.com/discourse/discourse-data-explorer.git
After that I rebuild app. it was showing *** system restart required *** when I login console. I turned OFF and ON again my digital ocean droplet.
Now forum is showing Oops message.
I run rebuild app command but showing the error and rebuild stops.
./launcher rebuild app
I am using following plugins
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/docker_manager.git
- git clone https://github.com/gdpelican/babble.git
- git clone https://github.com/davidtaylorhq/discourse-whos-online.git
- git clone https://github.com/angusmcleod/discourse-quick-messages.g$
- git clone https://github.com/discoursehosting/discourse-adsense.git
- git clone https://github.com/Ebsy/discourse-nationalflags.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-topic-group-button$
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-solved.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-cakeday.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-push-notifications$
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-assign.git
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-plugin-linkedin-au$
- git clone https://github.com/discourse/discourse-characters-require$
Would love to help but this is over my head.
I’d say give it a go without any plugins just to rule that out.
No worries though, I’m pretty sure someone else will step right in and help.
Still having the same error in
./launcher rebuild app
Anyone, please help
I have removed all plugins
What’s with the dollar sign$ at the end of the github repo paths that look like regex “ends” ?
Did you break the yml file when you edited it?
Nothing that is the error during copy from SSH.
By the way, I have removed those all.
I have done everything that I can.
container rebuild stops at
--retry 3 --jobs 4
Forum is now showing Error 521 - Web server is down
did you try to go back to the app.yml file you had before? whenever this sort of thing happens to me it tends to be because of a typo in changes I make in that file.
No, I have checked that. I had only added a git clone url to the
app.yml that is removed.
ok - but you didn’t then add a stray letter or character elsewhere in the app.yml file? I have made this mistake myself and paid the price. now I always keep a backup of the file just in case.
Can you send me the content of
app.yml file to check it out. I have edited it more than 10 times in past.
Like @tobiaseigen said, if you added or removed a space somewhere, that could be the problem.
It may also be the case that some plugin that used to work is now causing a problem. That flags plugin hasn’t been touched in a year.
If this is an emergency that you would like to throw money at you can pay me to fix it.
this might help:
That’s a good idea. Another way to do that would be to
cd /var/discourse cd containers mv app.yml app-safety.yml grep DISCOURSE app-safey.yml cd .. ./discourse setup
I think this all will remove data and install a new discourse
No, it won’t.
It does assume that your data is stored in
Will it solve the problem?