Get excerpt for regular topics

(Michael Solomon) #1

Hi,
I’m using Discourse API for get the latest topics for specific category(works great!):

http://haxe.org.il/c/15/l/latest.json?

but I want to get excerpt for all topics not just topics…
How can I do that?
Thanks,
Michael

(Kane York) #2

There currently isn’t a get parameter to request excerpts, but it’s on the list of feature requests.

(Coin-coin le Canapin) #4

Hi.
It has been a few years, is it still impossible to do? I’m looking to display my lastest Discourse posts on a WP site and that would be an excellent feature.

(Sam Saffron) #5

Yeah this exists if you install this plugin:

Per:

@codinghorror I wonder should we just roll in the functionality of discourse tooltip, it will help keep it more stable over time and helps a tiny bit in some desktop situations.

(Jeff Atwood) #6

I am fairly strongly opposed, because hover means nothing on touch and we should not be relying on non-touch behaviors at all. And given that the world will be 99.9% smartphone usage soon… it’s backwards thinking.

(Coin-coin le Canapin) #7

Hi,
I’ve installed and enabled this plugin. It works but I still don’t have the excerpts from other topics than pinned in top.json data.

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #8

I believe you need to do another request for the excerpts, like:

(Carlo) #9

Hi, I know this is an old topic, but I am having the same issue.

My rss feed is working fine, but I rather use the Json one as it is more flexible.

So I have a php plugin that pulls discourse json feed ( latest, top, etc), everything works fine… expect the excerpt

Is there is reason why there is no post description on the Json feed? How can I fix this ?

Thanks.