Getting Discourse healthy

I’m running 2.9.0.beta4 since running into a stuck upgrade that after numerous attempts app rebuild finally recovered.

In the UI (web or mobile) the app shows the version, the green happy face that I am up to date. When I click the update link, the update panel shows status of most components as “still upgrading”.

I can go through the command line steps and force an upgrade easily enough.

I’m concerned about another series of failed attempts and long recovery.

Anyone care to offer advice, or chime in on an approach to getting my instance stable and healthy?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hit the Reset Upgrade button?

2 Likes

Thanks, this unstuck the UI.

I was able to successfully update the docker manager component.

Now at 20 minutes and counting on an “upgrade all” from the UI.

Hoping I am not revisiting my fun from the last update.

No messages in UI upgrade console after this:

$ /var/www/discourse/app/assets/javascripts/node_modules/.bin/ember build -prod
WARNING: Node v16.14.2 is not tested against Ember CLI on your platform. We recommend that you use the most-recent "Active LTS" version of Node.js. See https://git.io/v7S5n for details.
Building
Environment: production
building...
Though the "loose" option was set to "false" in your @babel/preset-env config, it will not be used for @babel/plugin-proposal-private-property-in-object since the "loose" mode option was set to "true" for @babel/plugin-proposal-class-properties.
The "loose" option must be the same for @babel/plugin-proposal-class-properties, @babel/plugin-proposal-private-methods and @babel/plugin-proposal-private-property-in-object (when they are enabled): you can silence this warning by explicitly adding
	["@babel/plugin-proposal-private-property-in-object", { "loose": true }]
to the "plugins" section of your Babel config.
Though the "loose" option was set to "false" in your @babel/preset-env config, it will not be used for @babel/plugin-proposal-private-methods since the "loose" mode option was set to "true" for @babel/plugin-proposal-private-property-in-object.
The "loose" option must be the same for @babel/plugin-proposal-class-properties, @babel/plugin-proposal-private-methods and @babel/plugin-proposal-private-property-in-object (when they are enabled): you can silence this warning by explicitly adding
	["@babel/plugin-proposal-private-methods", { "loose": true }]
to the "plugins" section of your Babel config.
1 Like

ultimately, the update seems to have hung via the web UI.

Recovery was ssh’ing in and doing an app rebuild.

I’ve no idea at all what is going wrong, or why.

1 Like