"Go to quote" and "Was a reply to" filter interactions

On mobile and desktop: When you filter by someone’s posts and then click on the arrow to go
to quoted post - it should undo the filter or unhide the appropriate post. Right now the filter stays on and instead of going to the quoted post you see a post by the filtered user.

On mobile: When you filter by someone’s posts and click on the “was a reply to” arrow - it should also undo the filter or unhide the appropriate post. Right now it goes to a post by the filtered user.

Good topic on meta to see what I’m talking about is this one: Custom Wizard Plugin, with filtering angus since it’s relatively lengthy and he quotes/replies to a bunch of people.

The mobile parts of the above may work well with this suggestion: Could we get the link to post replies in mobile view?

5 Likes

Recently been getting a rather annoying behavior that’s another version of the above:

If I’m filtered on a particular user (A) and get a notification for that same topic from a different user (B), if I click on the notification I don’t go to the post where I was pinged/quoted by B - I stay in the set of filtered posts made by A. Clicking on topic notifications should probably also undo the filter.

5 Likes

Yeah we should probably remove the filter at this point. Agree with that.

6 Likes