Guest Gate (Sign Up Popup Plugin)

No. But I am maintaining this plugin as a part of the below plugin

It have Guest Locker (Guest Gate) and Social Locker features.

10 Likes

I created a PR to fix this plugin. Since OP @jgujgu is not active I forked his plugin here & merged the PR (It is working now :+1:).

As you know it already have minimal version here.

9 Likes

Hello, iā€™ve problem with this plugin, see:
https://meta.discourse.org/t/wordpress-push-post-image-fail/77730/8?u=hotfirenet

Have got an idee ?
Thanks

3 Likes

Yeah this plugin is brokenā€¦Iā€™m getting the same problem.

Looks as though this was flagged as broken before you forked it, is it still known to be working? If so is it worth updating the OP?

Not sure. I didnā€™t tested it for long time.

3 Likes

Weā€™re interested in this also - anyone have other solutions?

3 Likes

Is this Plugin maintained? Would be very useful a Guest Gate, if @vinothkannans has some time or someone else that is familiar with the Plugin workings, I can support the costs.

1 Like

If you have a budget to fix the plugin you should post in #marketplace and include your budget and time line.

10 Likes

Placed a #marketplace project, if anyone following this thread is interested or even @vinothkannans the original creator.

The code that resulted from the above project is available at https://github.com/communiteq/discourse-guest-gate. I have also made a pull request to @jgujguā€™s repo.

The plugin is in working condition now so it can be moved out of the broken plugin subcategory :tada:

9 Likes

OP is now wiki. Feel free to edit as needed. The plugin linked from the OP is still broken until your PR is moved.

6 Likes

Hi @michaeld

Now, I use your repo or @jgujgu repo?

Right now you need to use mine because @jgujgu has not merged the changes. If he is not going to do that (he has not visited here for >9 months) I will change the start post so it mentions my repo.

10 Likes

@michaeld

I used your Repo and itā€™s working.

Thank you!

4 Likes

Question for all those using the fixed plugin: is the plugin causing any issues with crawlers? Like blocking some of them?

3 Likes

I think have no any problem with crawler.

You can check via Google Webmaster Fetch tools

Reposting from Instead of loading wheel I get a modal box ā€¦

Iā€™m not sure if this is a bug, but it doesnā€™t seem like intended behaviorā€¦

When I load a new page in our forums, sometimes I get the header modal box as seen in the vid below.

Should we be seeing a loading spinner or something, instead?

That is a ā€œflash of unstyled contentā€. Itā€™s the inception of the guest gate popup, before it is filled with content and being hidden.

Iā€™ve only seen this on some admin pages so far. Iā€™ll take a look later this week.

Iā€™ve pushed a fix.
The modal needed to have a ā€œhiddenā€ class.

7 Likes