Guest Gate (Sign Up Popup Plugin)

It seems this works.

/* hide please sign in */

div.modal-header h3 { display: none !important }

/* darker background */

div.modal-backdrop { opacity: 0.98; }
3 Likes

Is there anything unique about the Guest Gate modal which will allow the “Please Sign up!” H3 to be changed without also changing the standard “Log in” and “Create New Account” H3s?

4 Likes

Is there a way to prevent modal to popup on Help category?

3 Likes

Is there a way to customize it so it works as an age-gate, it would be very useful as there’s no age-gate solution for discourse as far as I know.

4 Likes

Still one of my favorite plugins. Any ideas on we could track signups via the guest gate?

1 Like

I’m still keen to find out about this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@jgujgu
@Shrike
@vinothkannans

Could you please remove the bottom block that says “Log in | Create New Account”

Reason:
Users are clicking on that link and then in the next screen, they are finding the close button. That way they click on the close button and read the content without registering for an account.

6 Likes

Some news about this bug?
Please remove it.

1 Like

Kindly fix this bug someone please !

1 Like

I forked the plugin and removed the footer.

If you want to use it here’s the repo:

6 Likes

Has anyone tested this
is this working perfectly?

1 Like

Yes. I install and run the official plugin (not thé fork). The popin works.

1 Like

Which of the forks are you using?

1 Like

Guest Gate crashed as of latest discourse upgrade: 2.9.0.beta1

Error: Could not find module discourse/lib/clean-dom imported from `discourse/plugins/guest-gate/discourse/initializers/guest-gate

1 Like

Thank you for reporting this.

I think cleanDOM is not needed anymore (@CvX can you please confirm?) so I pushed a fix.

4 Likes

Clean DOM logic is automatically called on routeDidChange so there should be no need to trigger it manually.

(For the record, the unintentionally breaking change was: DEV: Refactor clean-dom by CvX · Pull Request #15609 · discourse/discourse · GitHub)

Btw. I’ll add https://github.com/communiteq/discourse-guest-gate to GitHub - discourse/all-the-plugins so the future regressions won’t fall through the cracks!

6 Likes

Push fixed it. Thanks.

3 Likes

@michaeld latest discourse update crashed it again.

Will work on this later this or next week. In the meanwhile, don’t update, or disable Ember CLI.

5 Likes

Already updated and i’m not sure if disabling ember CLI dont break something else so I’ll be patiently waiting for a push fix for the gate.

1 Like