Guest Gate Theme Component

I reinstalled it and it works again. Maybe a caching issue on my side. Thanks.

1 Like

Iā€™ve noticed that if you refresh the page the guest gate popup just disappears. Maybe this was always the case. Is there any way to prevent that?

Hello,

Unfortunately I canā€™t repro it. :thinking: It works fine for me, always shows after I refresh the page. Which browser do you use? Can you share a screenshot from the setting you use and send me the forum link on pm or post here to check this? :slightly_smiling_face:

I usually use Chrome but noticed this today on Edge when trying it while logged out. Iā€™ll send the details as soon as I can.

I really like this component, itā€™s one of the most useful in my opinion.
I would like to make the background of the screen completely dark because I realized that it is still possible to read the content
is there a css code that can do this
sorry Iā€™m not a programmer

2 Likes

Hello Tiago,

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

The Guest Gate modal use the default modal backdrop. But I assume you only want to change the background opacity on Guest Gate modal. Unfortunately it is not possible to change the backdrop only on this specific modal with simple css.

But you can target the modal and add an extra layer background like this:

Create a new component or add it to an existing one Common / CSS section.

Full black background

#discourse-modal.gate {
  background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
}

But If you want to make a little transparency add an alpha value to it and you can change the opacity with the last number. 1 is full black 0 is transparent. Now I set this 0.65.

#discourse-modal.gate {
  background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65);
}
3 Likes

its working, thank a lot @Don for your attention

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just checked on Chrome and refreshing the page just gets rid of the popup, the same as for Edge.

The settings Iā€™ve changed from the defaults are:

max guest topic views 5
dismissable false tick
use gate buttons tick
login button style btn-default
signup button style btn-primary
custom url enabled tick

2 Likes

Hey guys!

What do you think about a feature to prevent anon users to see full res images? While they would be able to see thumbnails as usual, clicking on those would trigger the Guest Gate modal. Our community actually requested such a feature.

Hi, thank you for this great component. I noticed that when enabling the custom gate, text ( custom_gate.big_text and custom_gate.little_text) are automatically centered. This doesnā€™t happen without the custom gate. Is there a way to choose the text alignment/position, like we can do with the gate footer?

2 Likes

Hello,

2 Likes

Thank you! Works perfectly.
I now understand that it was centered because it was following the alignment of the custom logo.
Would be great if the two alignment could be independent, as I liked having the logo centered, but wanted the text to be aligned to the left.

Thanks again Don.

1 Like

Sure, I changed it. Now you can change the custom gate content positions separately. :slight_smile:

Screenshot 2022-10-24 at 19.29.07

2 Likes

Just what I wanted, perfect! Thanks!!

1 Like

Has anybody else noticed this?

If not then I guess I should disable other theme components and plugins until it works, to find out which is causing the problem.

1 Like

Yes, that is because max guest topic views is set to 5 and when the page reloads than itā€™s a new session so the 5 is counting againā€¦ I donā€™t know is there a solution for this because same happens if you close the site and opens that topic again where the Guest Gate opened before but in the new session you can read it.

1 Like

Would this help at all?

Hi, I love this plugin, but itā€™s broken on my site. Could you help check?

Please try here The Litecoin Foundation is giving away #LITECOIN leading up to its 10th Anniversay - Project Announcements - Litecointalk Forum

1 Like

Hey @xinxi_wang,

Thanks for the report :slight_smile: Iā€™ve merged a fix for this. Please update the theme component.

3 Likes

Recent change seems to have broken the custom login url feature

When clicking the login button it just opens the discourse login and not our custom login

2 Likes