Guest Gate Theme Component

Hey @Oliver530 :wave:

I’ve merged an update which makes it possible with HTML. So you can use <br> to line break. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the plugin.
I wasn’t able to use the preview feature.
Installed from Themes with the Github address without any problems but I can’t see the preview to edit.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hey @BogacErkan :wave:

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

If you setted up the component, you have to be logged out to see guest gate modal. Just open an incognito tab and open some topics to check guest gate. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you very much @Don.

1 Like

Do I have to do something else other than adding the plugin to the theme and clicking this?

I tried in an incognito tab and Edge (and I hate that browser) but couldn’t make it show.

Can you please share some screenshot about the component settings? :slightly_smiling_face:

Of course.

Forum is located here
Thank you…

1 Like

Thanks :slightly_smiling_face: It seems the component broken a bit. There was some modal changes in core. I’ll check this and try to fix.

4 Likes

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Hello, I’ve merged a quick fix but I think it needs more care in the future… Please update the theme component :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank you very much @Don
:bouquet:

1 Like

Unfortunately, this component does not work correctly now when you enable Experimental Lightbox[1] (enable experimental lightbox setting).

Whenever you have gate show when thumbnail clicked setting with experimental lightbox (which it seems soon to become default one), and click at thumbnail, the image will open in the lightbox successfully, while custom gate message will remain in the backrgound.

The solution is to not enable experimental lightbox for now. Hope this report helps updating the Component to properly catch new lightbox initialization.

1. discussion topic ↩︎

2 Likes

Hello :wave:

Thanks for the report! I’ve added compatibility with new lightbox too. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

We can confirm the issue is now fixed. Thank you a lot! :black_heart:

1 Like

I merged this update: Migrate Guest Gate Modal to component based API by VaperinaDEV · Pull Request #20 · VaperinaDEV/discourse-guest-gate-theme-component · GitHub

2 Likes

Very similar to what I’ve been doing today @Don, funnily enough!

2 Likes

hello,don,Thanks for developing this component, but I’m having incompatibility issues enabling it on my website.

The version is 3.1.1,I don’t know where the problem is. Can you help me analyze it?I think this component is very good and I want to enable it.

2 Likes

@go_ahead I just installed it and it’s working as expected with no problem. Can you see if there are any errors in your console log?

1 Like
Guest Gate Theme Component theme/component is throwing errors:
Error: Could not find module `discourse/components/modal/login` imported from `discourse/theme-7/components/modal/guest-gate`

Is this an error log? Thank you very much for your reply.

2 Likes

oh you’re on 3.1 and there was this.

:thinking: I wonder if it’s because those modal changes in core haven’t been migrated to your instance yet? are you self-hosted?

@Don just recently merged this update and I suspect that may be related. I am sure he will be able to help :slight_smile:

2 Likes