Has the mentions tab been combined with replies?

For this picture of the notification tab, there seems to be a separate @ tab for mentions. Just wondering if this has now been included under the replies tab or if there’s a separate setting to toggle this somewhere.

4 Likes

Those are now part of the replies tab. :+1:

They were combined to reduce the number of overall tabs, and @mention and reply are generally of equal importance (more important than likes or edit notifications, for instance).

7 Likes

Thanks for the clarification!

2 Likes

No worries. :slight_smile: I was a bit slow off the mark this morning and didn’t thank you for bringing up that we’d included a slightly older version in the blog images, but thank you. :+1: I’ve passed it back to the team and hopefully we’ll have an up-to-date one swopped in shortly. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just a little follow-up to say that it’s been swopped out: :partying_face:

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

FWIW, I liked it separate. I find mentions to usually be of more importance than replies (which after a while can kind of drift).

5 Likes

We’re always open to feedback if you want to create a topic on it. :slight_smile: I think one of the factors was what would work best for a non-admin user who wouldn’t have a lot of ‘core’ topics that get quoted and replied to a lot, if that sways you at all?

5 Likes

Eh, of my concerns this is minor. :slight_smile: But I think it might apply to any heavy user, not just admins[1]. I guess there’s always the UX question of whether you optimize for the majority causal users or the power-users, and there isn’t always a neat answer.

1. which — “admins as heavy users” is one of my bigger concerns! ↩︎

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.