To replicate current functionality:
- as user A set category notification setting to watching
- as user A set tag notification to muted
- log out of user A account
- log in as user B
- as user B, write a test post in the category and containing the tag
- **user A will be notified of post **
So it appears that category watching settings override the tag watching settings. I’d like to suggest reversing this so that if you have muted a specific tag, you will not be notified even if it’s in a category you are watching.
Or perhaps this can be an admin or user setting to serve different communities?