Help for installing Discourse alongside Apache2

Hello,

I’ve been hosting 3 wordpress blogs and a Nextcloud instance on my Digitalocean droplet.

I would like to setup Discourse on this droplet. I do have backups, so I don’t mind if something goes wrong.

I have tried following (Running other websites on the same machine as Discourse) this thread on this forum that dealt with installing Discourse alongside Apache using Nginx and what I did as of now are :

• Disabled Apache2 service temporarily to setup discourse
  • Copied discourse files to /var/discourse and run discourse-setup
  • Installed Nginx and created a discourse.conf file at /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/discourse.conf
  • When I ran this command /var/discourse/launcher stop app || true , I’m getting the following error:
root@aavoblog:/var/discourse# /var/discourse/launcher stop app || true
Your Docker installation is not using a supported storage driver.  If we were to proceed you may have a broken install.
aufs is the recommended storage driver, although zfs and overlay2 may work as well.
Other storage drivers are known to be problematic.
You can tell what filesystem you are using by running "docker info" and looking at the 'Storage Driver' line.

If you wish to continue anyway using your existing unsupported storage driver,
read the source code of launcher and figure out how to bypass this check.

I’ve searched for a solution, but I failed to fix. Can somebody help me solving this issue?

1 Like

Hi @avndp

If you Google search with the text of your Docker “storage” error message (above) you will find many discussions on this topic including a few on this site (meta).

3 Likes

You’ll likely need a good deal more ram than your current droplet has. It’ll be much easier and perhaps cheaper to just spin up another droplet. The site where I’m running v two discourse instances and two wordpress sites I ended up increasing to 8gb before it was stable.

3 Likes