Highlight posts by a specific group

I’d like to keep track of and expedite answering posts created by people from a specific company (email-domain).

I’m able to find these posts in de data-explorer, but I don’t have any way of pinging me if a post appears.

Solutions that would be good:

• Ability to search, then I can put them on our lovely auto-refreshing display
  • Notification
  • Ability to download the .csv file from the dataexplorer on a static url

I seem to remember that meta does something similar for questions asked by customers, but I can’t seem to find the post anymore.

You could create a customer-specific group - it can be configured to match them via their domain.

You would make this a private group and have an associated category visible only to this group, which you would mark as ‘watching’ to get notifications.

Is this the sort of thing you mean?

1 Like

Ah yes, thing is, I’d ideally like to keep it a bit secret from them :slight_smile:
Creating a group wouldn’t be a problem, but I’d prefer it if I don’t have to force them to deviate from the normal behaviour and just participate in the forum (and are then amazingly well helped).

By listening to the post_created events you can check the user and create custom notifications in a plugin.

Then you can create a group which is only visible for “Group owners and admins”. And you can view all member activities in /groups/[the-company-group]/activity/posts.

6 Likes

Perfect, this is exactly what I am looking for! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.