Homepage Feature

Hello everything is fine? I want to thank you very much for making this theme component,

This theme component is perfect, because I do a lot of tributes on my forum (singers’ birthdays, actors’ movie premieres, vaccination campaigns, etc.) not every day i access the forum

I’m having some difficulty customizing it, I really want your help

I customized it to the point of leaving it like this

Is there a way to put the initial text of the post in the banner, in addition to the title? Perhaps a limit of characters to appear there, in addition to 2 icons with texts to go to other options, like this

1 Like

Hello! I’m on v3.1.0 and this plugin has been working beautifully until ~last week. Didn’t change any settings, but I’m now unable to promote any new posts to be featured. Is there anything I can look into to troubleshoot?

It seems like some posts can be promoted, but others can’t. All have images.

Any direction would be appreciated! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @victoria1 :wave: You may want to update your Discourse instance.

4 Likes

Is there a way to associate featured topics that are tagged as featured in categories other than the main/original category? Everything works great in our main category but there is another parent-level category that will not display threads in the featured topics list despite the threads being tagged as such.

@awesomerobot - I agree with @merefield:

one feature which would be nice is optionally linking to the first post.

Any chance of it being implemented in the main theme-component?

2 Likes

oh sure, probably about time to get to that… here I’ve added a new setting called always_link_to_first_post: FEATURE: add `always_link_to_first_post` setting, move setting descriptions by awesomerobot · Pull Request #33 · discourse/discourse-homepage-feature-component · GitHub

should be available once you update the component

3 Likes

Hey @Lilly! I work with Victoria. We’ve updated the instance to 3.21 but are still seeing the previous behavior where only 1 post is featured.

CleanShot 2024-04-22 at 11.31.32@2x

We currently have the max number of topics set to 5 and 5 topics are tagged with the appropriate tag.

Any troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :grinning:

2 Likes

@Lilly Just wanted to follow back up here. Any next steps we should try? Currently unable to get more than 1 item highlighted.

1 Like

hmm it appears to be working as expected for me. have you tried disabling other theme components? it may be that another theme component (or plugin) is conflicting with it. :thinking: what other theme components and plugins are you using?

2 Likes

Thanks @Lilly, here are the other Theme / Components we have installed.
CleanShot 2024-05-03 at 13.41.24

I haven’t tried disabling the others yet, will do that and report back.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: How can I make sure only admins/mods are able to created featured posts?