Hotmail users do not receive account verification email

I noticed that every new member who uses hotmail email does not confirm the account, I did some tests and the confirmation email is not sent to hotmail users, what can it be? I use the mailgun server!

Did you check in the spam folder?

Did you follow the email guide and send a test email via the Admin, Emails page? And read the advice it provides?

Email is very difficult. If you get even one tiny thing wrong, you will suffer.

2 Likes

I checked, and in the mailgun log says it was sent and accepted, but it did not arrive!

The email is configured correctly, gmail users normally receive

It’s also possible hotmail just doesn’t trust that mailgun IP. You will need to follow up with them. Hotmail / Outlook is notorious for this.

If you have followed all the advice in Admin, Send Test Email, we can’t help you any further. Follow up with mailgun and hotmail.

2 Likes

New install just noticed the hotmail issue as well gmail works great. Mailgun too. Anyone with hotmail and mailgun working together for discourse? Thank you guys

1 Like

That doesn’t have anything to do with Discourse - it’s just Hotmail playing hard to get, even with Mailgun.

Ask Mailgun, they are the ones that promise to deliver the mails everywhere … or host with us :slight_smile: we’ve been there and fixed that…

5 Likes

I migrated to Spark Post, Hotmail emails are sent normally, but in gmail they appear as spam, after a few weeks, gmail now appears in the main box, I do not know if it has something related, but I believe that after a x number of submissions Gmail realizes that it is not spam.

1 Like