Hotmail users do not receive account verification email

(Wiliam Joaquim) #1

I noticed that every new member who uses hotmail email does not confirm the account, I did some tests and the confirmation email is not sent to hotmail users, what can it be? I use the mailgun server!

(Jay Pfaffman) #2

Did you check in the spam folder?

(Jeff Atwood) #3

Did you follow the email guide and send a test email via the Admin, Emails page? And read the advice it provides?

Email is very difficult. If you get even one tiny thing wrong, you will suffer.

(Wiliam Joaquim) #4

I checked, and in the mailgun log says it was sent and accepted, but it did not arrive!

(Wiliam Joaquim) #5

The email is configured correctly, gmail users normally receive

(Jeff Atwood) #6

It’s also possible hotmail just doesn’t trust that mailgun IP. You will need to follow up with them. Hotmail / Outlook is notorious for this.

If you have followed all the advice in Admin, Send Test Email, we can’t help you any further. Follow up with mailgun and hotmail.

( nikos) #7

New install just noticed the hotmail issue as well gmail works great. Mailgun too. Anyone with hotmail and mailgun working together for discourse? Thank you guys

(Michael - DiscourseHosting.com) #8

That doesn’t have anything to do with Discourse - it’s just Hotmail playing hard to get, even with Mailgun.

Ask Mailgun, they are the ones that promise to deliver the mails everywhere … or host with us :slight_smile: we’ve been there and fixed that…

(Wiliam Joaquim) #9

I migrated to Spark Post, Hotmail emails are sent normally, but in gmail they appear as spam, after a few weeks, gmail now appears in the main box, I do not know if it has something related, but I believe that after a x number of submissions Gmail realizes that it is not spam.