How can I customize the advice sheets?

Discourse has things like “Your topics is similar to…” and “Welcome to discourse meta!” that appear in the right-hand side of the editor when composing a new topic. I’m not sure what these are called, and have been referring to them as “advice sheets”.

We’re trying some experimental things in my Discourse community, and it’d be really nice to be able to customize these sheets or add more. We don’t want to use post templates, because they will invariably end up in the body of the post once posted. Is there a way to do this? What have other people found success with in their communities?

1 Like

Sure thing. You can customise the JIT messages by going to /admin/customize/site_texts and searching for part of the message that you want to edit.

4 Likes

Neat, thanks! Is there a way to add more? Would that just be a plugin, and is it possible with them?

By “more” I’m assuming you mean additional JIT messages with different triggers. Yes it’s possible, and yes it’d need to be a plugin to add to your site.

That said, if you have an idea for a new JIT panel, share it here! It’s possible others would like it and it could be considered for core.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 2377 days. New replies are no longer allowed.