I’m trying to customize these yellow alerts:
Searching these forums, I couldn’t find much… maybe I don’t know how to search, is there a name for these? Yellow alerts? Instructional modals? Big Brother? Obscure-my-preview Esc X bot?
If the answer is that they’re not customizable, I’m going right in to feature request mode, I see enormous community-training possibilities here, even more than Topic Templates.
The really interesting thing to have would be a model that allows customizing both
detection based on a number of conditions
- is this a reply or a new topic being started
- how old is the previous reply
- is this a new/recent user?
- free text regexp match (“you mentioned X, please check this helpful link first”)
- action like selecting a nice appropriate text for the yellow alert
If it can’t be a plugin, at least a Ruby-code-level customization possibility would be nice.
I see that Discourse itself is already using this effectively in several places, I’d love to be able to use those super-powers for Community-specific things.