How To Apply signature to every user?

Dear Support,

we have signature plugin for users so please tell us how to enable signature for all users??

also tell us for every new user we need to enable signature when he register!

1 Like

Displaying signatures is a user preference - default off.

each user needs to enable and select a signature in their profile.

Forcing all users to see signatures is not supported.

3 Likes

Support,

thanks for quick reply but my signature is not able to see if they not enable the signature … means other user signature not showing until user tick or enable!

That’s right. Discourse considers signatures noisy and annoying, so they are off by default.

3 Likes

Right, Discourse does, but our users don’t and they want it on by default. :wink: What’s the trick so we can make this less painless for users who may keep complaining about this enforced “feature” by the powers that be? I suspect there is a database entry that can be updated en masse via the associated magical programmatic words.

1 Like

You might have a look at Administrative Bulk Operations for some hints. I don’t have the plugin installed anywhere to be able to tell you exactly.

2 Likes

Perfect. That looks akin to a data dictionary which is basically what I need to get granular enough to change the related table entries across all users.

1 Like

There is a setting to enable it for all users in the last version of the plugin thanks to a community contribution.

3 Likes

Thank you! How might I pull that seeing that it has not been merged yet and has only been approved (as of November of last year)? :smiley:

Add ‘signatures_visible_by_default’ setting by communiteq · Pull Request #17 · discourse/discourse-signatures · GitHub