How to create members-only site with Discourse, WordPress, and LearnDash

Hi all, I am planning to create a membership site where by becoming an annual member, the member will have access to many courses, restricted content pages and to a private Discourse forum.

What is the best way to approach this?

• The website is built with wordpress (I use Kadence Theme)
  • How should I handle the membership part? What is the easiest way to restrict content on my website to only people who have bought the annual membership?
  • I’ll use LearnDash to create the courses.
  • I want Discourse as a private forum, so only people who are members can get access to the private Discourse forum and if they cancel their membership, they’ll lose access to the private Discourse forum as well. I am going to use their “Managed forum hosting”, so I am not going to do it myself.

Big thanks, please give advice.

You can use wp-discourse to control Discourse logins with WordPress. It can be configured to pass group membership as well. You can use various membership platforms; each has its own rewards and challenges. I don’t know how to combine that with LearnDash.

See WP Discourse Plugin Tips and Tricks and WP / MemberMouse / Discourse Integration Guide, Sync WooCommerce Memberships with Discourse groups[Managing Discourse group membership with WP Discourse SSO],(Managing Discourse group membership with WP Discourse SSO), for example.

2 Likes