How to Disable "Title seems unclear most of the words contain the same letter over and over?" message

I’m setting up a new Discourse for an existing community, so most new members are trustworthy. One new member wants to write a post named “Co-op proposals” and cannot do that because of the message in the title. Here is a screenshot

A version of Discourse is 2.6.7. How can I disable this check?

1 Like

Hi !
I’d try these parameters:
your.domain/admin/site_settings/category/all_results?filter=entropy

2 Likes

Huh that’s an interesting one, so the title is “co-op proposals”? Can we repro this @tshenry?

2 Likes

What settings did you tweak? That title should trigger an error because it is less than 15 characters.

1 Like

I just repro’d this on my site.

2 Likes

Yep, definitely can repro! The default value of title min entropy (unique characters required for topic titles) is 10. The title “Co-op proposals” only has 7 unique characters (8 if the - is counted).

2 Likes

Heh. That’s an interesting edge case. Not sure we should do anything, since the encouragement to add more words and be specific is still a good one.

2 Likes

Ha ! :sweat_smile: that’s why I wasn’t able to repro, I’ve tweaked min topic title length to 8

1 Like

:+1: So you have the perfect hack! :laughing:

1 Like

Ok, I understand this is an edge case, but I also think the error message seems a bit confusing. Maybe there should be a small text or a ? icon with a tooltip that says - “The forum is configured to prevent creation of posts with than X unique characters in the title. An admin can change this configuration in the forum settings.”

You can also lower the default setting for that or you can do both.

2 Likes

Include the “less” before “than X”. The first sentence should be sufficient as the message to a user - simple and short. The 2nd sentence is more noise than anything, not something a user would really need to see. Or even just “Topic titles require a minimum of X unique characters.” JMHO.
Edit: I think the word “unique” is the strong word.

4 Likes