How to give user's shield badge without giving mod

I’ve been trying to edit the css to give non-moderators the shield badge. How do I do this? My use case is that I have trial mods which get leader permissions so I want to give them the shield without giving them mod

1 Like

Something like put them in a group and then use that group to add the shield.

3 Likes

doesn’t gave the same feel tough?

Hello!

If you have trial mods you might want to make them TL4 and a category group moderator. This adds a shield to their username for whatever category they moderate. Due to them being TL4 they can close, archive & pin topics ect

3 Likes

How about using flair on the avatars only for trial moderators?

1 Like

thanks for your input. yep, trial mods are given leader. But i’m trying to give them that shield to make them look somewhat official?

1 Like

AFAIK making them a category moderator as opposed to a full moderator will achieve that?

1 Like

Feel is in the eyes of the beholder. I think that you could give them some official looking flair that would signify their importance. And, if you want them to look more like “real” moderators, you’d give those moderators too.

I’m no css wiz, and won’t pretend that I know how to do it without more time than I can afford, but I’m pretty sure that you could use css to give those users the exact same look at the moderators.

1 Like