How to increase like rate limit for non admins?

I would like for users to be able to like/unlike a post as often as they wish.

When I am logged into my site as an admin, I am able to like/unlike posts as much as I want without limitation. However, when I am logged in as a non-admin user, I can only like or unlike a post up to 4 times per 60 seconds. On the 5th like or unlike in 60 seconds, the POST request to the server fails, and a modal is displayed which reads “You’ve performed this action too many times. Please wait 58 seconds before trying again.”

None of the changes I make in the admin UI seem to solve this issue. My app.yml changes from the defaults are as follows:

DISCOURSE_MAX_REQS_PER_IP_MODE: none
DISCOURSE_MAX_USER_API_REQS_PER_MINUTE: 100000
DISCOURSE_MAX_REQS_PER_IP_PER_10_SECONDS: 10000

DISCOURSE_MAX_ADMIN_API_REQS_PER_MINUTE: 9999999
DISCOURSE_MAX_ADMIN_API_REQS_PER_KEY_PER_MINUTE: 9999999
DISCOURSE_MAX_REQS_PER_IP_PER_MINUTE: 9999999
DISCOURSE_MAX_REQS_PER_IP_PER_DAY: 9999999

Is there any UI setting or env variable I can set that would avoid throttling likes for any users? If not, where in the codebase is this controlled so that I can make the necessary adjustment?

3 Likes

I’ve been searching the forums for this as well. Ever since adding this plugin, Top Contributors Sidebar I’ve been getting occasional of Error code: id_10_secs_limit.

I would like to double the limit. Please let me know if this is best as a new thread. Just didn’t want to add more threads if not needed.