How to make it obvious who is staff?

Thanks for that but still trying to upload an icon to use…

For the fish, use only the string fa-fish.

I’m trying up upload my own image, not use a Font Awesome URL.
I drag my image to the page, but I just see the image in a chrome tab, it doesn’t upload… tried .png and .ico

Ah - that page doesn’t support uploads.

You need to make a theme component and upload your desired icon to that if you want to use your own.

1 Like

This doesn’t seem easy. Arg.

1 Like

Hey Peter :wave:

Can you take a quick look at Include images and fonts in themes and components (You can stop reading when you get to the “Including assets in remote themes and components” section!)

Basically what you will want to do is upload the image file to your main theme. As you’ll see in the topic I linked, there will be an “Uploads” section where the file will be listed with its variable name and direct link. What you can do is right-click on the direct link and copy the link. If you paste it into the avatar flair image field on the groups page, you should be golden!

12 Likes

Thanks. I did all of that. I now have the flair. But it only shows when I click on a user, not when browsing postings etc.

2 Likes

Below are the locations where the avatar flair is supported:

https://meta.discourse.org/t/create-a-group-that-automatically-adds-associated-flair-to-its-members-avatars/82700/8

Can you confirm that out of those, only the User Card is working?

3 Likes

Yes, I only see the flair when I click on the icon of a person. Nowhere else…

3 Likes

Noting for anyone that passes through this topic that we were able to get this sorted. The flair does display correctly in the currently supported locations. Displaying on topic lists is not supported in core Discourse at this time.

7 Likes

Also we’re gonna add a nice clear #howto on this topic courtesy of @dax. Thanks for the nudge @Peter_Galvin

10 Likes
4 Likes