How to notify all users of post

As admin I have an announcement to make to all users of our platform. How can I post a new message and notify all users?
Thanks

Click the wrench on the topic and pin it globally.

Thanks but what I want is to alert all users, not just those who are active today. I note from another thread from 2015 you don’t have a feature for emailing/messaging all users? That would be a really needed feature. Otherwise you can’t reach out to the less active users.

4 Likes

Following. Looking for this feature as well! I just switched forum platforms to Discourse and have gotten feedback that users are forgetting to go check it because they no longer receive alerts when I post announcements, etc. Any updates on this?

1 Like

If users want to be notified in a particular topic or category (or tag), they need to click the notification bell and set their preferences accordingly.

The answer above is still correct:

We aren’t a mass mailing platform, if you want to send out mass mailings, you’d need to export the userlist to MailChimp or a service like that.

4 Likes

Did a little digging around and I can, however, set as a default for all members to “watch first post” in certain categories. And this would then notify then when the first post is created in that category. Correct?

1 Like

Yes, but be very careful, as you can cause a lot of people to start reporting all your email notifications as spam, and it’s a very short slippery slope indeed from there to “gee, none of our emails arrive in anyone’s inboxes”… :thinking:

2 Likes