Is there an easy way to mass notify?

email

(Christopher Galpin) #1

I’m making a significant change to one of my Discourse forums and would like to one-time email the users who have posted, about 50. I globally pinned an announcement but I’m not sure everyone is emailed with a notification of it, are they?

I tried mentioning the users by name with @ in the post but that part is immediately deleted, I’m guessing from hitting a spam protection threshold, which is awesome but I hoped my admin account would be exempt.

Any good way to accomplish what I want? Just having a globally pinned topic isn’t sufficient in this case unless they’re each informed via email. I’m not sure if the digest gets to everyone or…?

(Jeff Atwood) #2

Go to Admin, Users, click the export button. Use that CSV list to feed into a mass mailing service.

(Christopher Galpin) #3

Sounds good just wanted to make sure that’s the way to go and I wasn’t missing something. I actually got my list from there. Thanks Jeff!

(cz) #4

Another way to do it is to send everyone a private message.
In the input box “add a user”, input trust_level_0. Then all users will be added into the recipient list. It will be a little bit messy in term of editing. But it will work.

Before you send out the message, you have to make sure you can use the group name trust level 0 as a alias.

(Mohammad Mustafa Ahmedzai) #6

I did inserted trust_level_0 in the input field but I am getting an error which says

You must select a valid user.

Am I missing something?

(cz) #7

You have to modify the group setting.

(Mohammad Mustafa Ahmedzai) #8

I get that, will surely try again

(Jeff Atwood) #9

I don’t think this trust level 0 hack is a good idea.

(cz) #10

I agree with you. but there is no easy way to broadcast a message to all users.

(Jeff Atwood) #11

That is because there is not supposed to be – that is spamming.

(Darrel Drobnich) #12

This is really an inefficient way to notify everyone. Should be built into the platform.

(Sam Saffron) #13

We plan to beef up group mentions and that would be a very efficient and simple way of notifying a group.

(Cylae) #14

Any news about this ?

(Mittineague) #15

You tried the given solution but it didn’t work for you?

(Cylae) #16

I’m looking for an integrated solution… sorry :frowning:

(Mittineague) #17

IMHO if you want an “integrated solution” to dispense information for all of your members to see the best thing to do is to make a topic with the information, then either Banner / Global Pin / Pin it,

(Darrel Drobnich) #18

It’s not spamming if you have people who are willingly participating in your forum for a specific purpose. And i must say I find your totaly unwillingness to listen to your clients who are paying for this platform to be less than optimal.

(Jeff Atwood) #19

This is the solution:

We are strongly considering adding mass mailing support as a feature for the enterprise hosting tier. If you’d like to upgrade to that tier let us know.

(Jide Ogunsanya) #20

Can your team come up with a plugin that can auto-sync this list with lists on mailchimp, mailerlite, madmimim etc? I won’t mind even if it a paid plugin.