How to remove a domain-name link under the topic name

AI-generated summary

A discussion is underway on how to remove a domain-name link under a topic name. meglio encountered an issue where a link remained even after removing and rebaking the message’s HTML. codinghorror suggested that a feature to remove the link would be useful.

neil proposed adding a feature to remove the link from the editing title, and later implemented the feature (neil). The link can now be removed, but changes are only saved after clicking the check mark to confirm. david suggested adding the ability to re-add a URL if accidentally removed, but codinghorror declined to implement this feature at the current time.

image

There was a link in the firs topic. However, I removed it and rebaked the message’s HTML. The link is still there though. How do I remove it?

I think we should have a way to remove this if it gets in there in error @neil. Has come up a few times. What can we do that’s easy here?

I think the most intuitive place to remove it is from editing the title:

Something like that? I don’t think we ever use the bottom-right corner of the UI, so it should fit even on mobile.

If there’s a way to remove an unintended link, it would be really cool to have some way to add a URL back again (e.g. if you accidentally clicked the x button)

How about when there’s no link, there’s a little :link: button which displays a text field when clicked?

I don’t want to scope creep this at the current time though.

I added the ability to remove the link from a topic:

Removing the link is only saved if you click the :ballot_box_with_check: check mark to save the changes.