How to remove discourse website

(Asif Eminov) #1

This CMS is a very good, but a lot of things modified. As difficult installation, modification, and so the addition of a plugin and etc.

I want uninstall my discourse website? Which command do I have to write for that?

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #2

I’m not sure what you are asking? Are you looking to wipe the content of the forum?

(Jay Pfaffman) #3

rm -r /var/discourse

Will delete Discourse and all backups and everything. I’m not clear why not just shut down the droplet, though.

(Asif Eminov) #4

After
rm -r /var/discourse

site down.

500 Internal Server Error
If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application’s log file and/or the web server’s log file to find out what went wrong.

I want remove delete discourse cms from my website. How delete docker and discourse?

(Jay Pfaffman) #5

Edit: I just checked, and if you installed Docker with the http://get.docker.com’s script and are running Ubuntu,

apt-get purge docker-engine

should remove docker. You’ll probably need to reboot to make sure all docker processes get killed.

(Matt Palmer) #6

In short: whatever you did to get Discourse running, do the reverse of that.

(Battle Mage) #7

If you want to completely remove discourse:

1. List you local docker images from the host: docker images
  2. Find the discourse image. It should look something like
    REPOSITORY            TAG                 IMAGE ID            CREATED             SIZE
    discourse/discourse   1.3.10              95332d4db04b        5 weeks ago         1.52GB

3. Remove the image: docker image rm discourse/discourse:1.3.10. Remember to use the exact same name and version your docker output showed you.
  4. Remove the location you cloned the discourse. If you followed the installation instructions, it should be /var/discourse, so rm r- /var/discourse should do it.
  5. [optional]. If you don’t need docker anymore, remove it from your machine.