How to set a limit on emails per day for each user? / Sending limits of Gmail as SMTP service

I use BREVO, which offers 300 free emails per day.The email volume is relatively small. I want to set a limit of 3 emails per day for each user.How can I set this up?
By the way, I saw that the Gmail SMTP server has a daily limit of 2000 emails. Is that true?

search for in settings

max emails per day per user
1 Like

That looks to be true, but for google workspace that you need a paid subscription for (starting at $6 a month) not free gmail.

### Considerations

When using the Gmail SMTP server:

** The sending limit is 2,000 messages per day.*

1 Like

Thank you for your information. I have a follow-up question: does the free Gmail account not provide SMTP service at all, or does it provide SMTP service with a smaller limit?

According to this article there is a free smtp sending option of up to 500 e-mails a day:

https://www.cubebackup.com/blog/how-to-use-google-smtp-service-to-send-emails-for-free/

**Prerequisites and limitations

To use Google’s SMTP service, you need to have either:

1. A free Gmail account, like someone @gmail.com, which allows you to send up to 500 emails per day.
2. A paid Google Workspace account, like someone @mycompany.com. Google Workspace accounts can send up to 2,000 messages per day.

Haven’t used gmail for smtp sending myself and not certain this is all accurate information at that page.