'How's my driving' plugin?

We host product how-to articles on our Discourse, but would like to add some type of ‘how’s my driving’ plugin to gauge how useful they are to the community. This would be something like, ‘rate this how-to’ or ‘how useful did you find this article.’

Does this type of plugin exist?

4 Likes

I’m not aware of any plugins, no. I have seen this done with theme-components and external solutions. The most recent I can recall reading about was integration with Usabilla.

2 Likes

Awesome! I’ll check this integration out. Thanks for sharing :smiley:

It’s not exactly what you’re looking for, but if you want something quick and minimal, perhaps the polling functionality might do?

[poll type=regular results=always chartType=bar]
* I found this article very informative and helpful!
* This article didn't fully explain what it was talking about.
* This article wasn't the droid I was looking for.
[/poll]
  • I found this article very informative and helpful!
  • This article didn’t fully explain what it was talking about.
  • This article wasn’t the droid I was looking for.

0 voters

6 Likes

Also not exactly the same, but I’m intrigued by how https://forum.asana.com displays a quick pulse survey at the top every time you go there. It goes away when you click yes or no.

Would you recommend the Asana Community Forum to a colleague? Yes / No

3 Likes

how about the voting plugin ?

1 Like

Yes! We’ve thought about this as well, but it’s a matter of aligning our goals with the partner team who’s creating this content. We’ll keep this as a suggestion for next steps. Thanks for sharing :smiley:

Thanks for sharing, @tobiaseigen! I’ll look into this as well. Curious to know how Asana does this pulse check.

1 Like

Another solid suggestion. I’ll add this to our review list! Thank you :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @ArcticF0xx,

Maybe this plugin should be helpful for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This is an interesting find, @Don! Adding this suggestion to our list of options to consider :smiley: Thanks!

1 Like

Silly question, but is there anything wrong with simply using the built-in likes mechanism on the OP? It’s an existing pattern that users are already familiar with, and may be more straightforward then reinventing the wheel here.

Take a look in #howto - the likes engagement on those posts is fairly high compared to other categories.

Assuming these articles all live in one category you could easily report on those interactions using #plugin:data-explorer.

4 Likes

We discussed this option in one of our initial meetings. Our partner team didn’t like the idea of using the heart “like” feature, and instead would prefer something different–more along the lines of an upvoting system or yes/no.

1 Like

If it’s the heart symbol itself that they dislike then it can be replaced with any fontawesome icon, including an up arrow:

5 Likes

That’s cool! But this would reflect across the entire forum? We’d only like to apply on their sections.

In that case consider Retort - a reaction-style plugin for Discourse

2 Likes

Thanks, @merefield! :smiley:

Sounds like this may be relevant:

4 Likes

Awesome. Thanks for sharing this topic @Stephen!