Improve design of my forum

Good Morning

I have a forum called foro0.com and I would like to improve the design,

The concept of the forum is that it be a forum with many categories and subcategories of many different topics, so when the user enters they have to choose what topics they are interested in, they have to make a choice, the most important are the categories, but the topic of the categories are filtered by subcategories, for example someone can enter culture but only be interested in the gun section and not the kitchen section for example. Or a person entering culture that has topics not filtered by subcategories (there is topic without subcategory)

In this website I am very interested in how you have the categories, the problem is that the subcategories cannot be filtered on the cover

https://support.fastly.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Topics – Fastly Support
Imgur

support.fastly.com

Also i like this
Imgur

but I don’t like it when you click on a category then this space comes out without taking advantage
Imgur

I prefer dark background colors because of tired eyes but I don’t care, or that there is an option to change themes

I would like to improve the logo

The main domain is foro0.com but I also have forocero.com, the 0 is written in Spanish as cero.

This is a sketch
Imgur

I will listen to offers for 72 hours but if you convince me I will hire you before
Also any suggestions or help?

I would like to find a way that when a user creates a post with adult content, only registered users can enter.
The only option I have found is to make a subcategory filtering the permissions, the problem with this is that then the users who are visiting the forum without being registered do not know that they are not seeing that content.
One option would be that on my main page when the subcategory icon comes out when I ask you to be registered. And the other option is that when a user enters without being registered, a message will appear saying that they cannot see the contents for adults since they are not registered.
People without login
Imgur
people with login
Imgur

2 Likes

Well, I don’t have this display on my forum and it’s not like this here on meta.discourse so I guess they added this block on the forum you took the screenshot from? :thinking: It doesn’t seem to be present by default so this shouldn’t be an issue.

You can change the theme colors, have multiple possible styles and let users choose the style they prefer.

I’d like to help you but what you’re asking is a bit confusing. Also, do you need someone to apply some design guidelines you already have, or are you looking for someone who has graphical design skills?

5 Likes

Maybe switcher option for light and dark mode
the most important are the icons of the categories as the examples I put but I also want to see the icons of the subcategories.

I am flexible, I want to improve the design.

1 Like

@pandabear I think what @Canapin is asking for is a clearer understanding on what you need for your overall design.

If you have a design spec already (full of features you need added and specific guidance on how you want the site to look) and need someone to develop it, that’s one thing; wanting someone to design and develop it is another, and requires a different skillset.

It might be helpful to have some clarity here for developers to be able to engage with you a bit more.

8 Likes

I can do the design of logos and icons later on by hiring a designer. For the moment, what I need from someone who helps me to structure the web, the most important thing is that once the user can see the categories as follows:

But also see the subcategories

In this website I am very interested in how you have the categories, the problem is that the subcategories cannot be filtered on the cover

https://support.fastly.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Topics – Fastly Support
Imgur

I want something like that, the icons can be improved later by looking for a designer
Imgur
And now it’s so I don’t like it
Imgur

1 Like

I think I can help you on this, I’ll send you a direct message.

5 Likes

Thank you all,
In the end I hired two computer experts from this forum, one made me the forum and the other the design, Very happy with the work of both.
Any feedback of the forum will be welcome.

I’m sorry for my lack of communication I have to learn better English

8 Likes

That looks really nice

1 Like