In some setups you may prefer that your site’s themes are in a private git repository.
To do so:
Use the clone with SSH link, not the one that starts with
Select theme is in a private git repository.
Paste in the public key into your git repo so it is the used as a “deploy key”.
Click “Import” and you are done
Discourse will remember the private key it generated and use it to access the git repo.
Click here for a detailed step by step
- Go to site/admin/customize/themes
- Click theme or theme component (depending on which one you want)
From a git repository
Theme is in a private git repository
- Enter the repo name and hit return, using the following structure:
- An ssh key should appear at the bottom of the modal window
- On github.com (or any other Git provider), in your repo, at /
settings/keys, add a deploy key, and use the ssh key provided in step 8.
- Add key
- Back in the discourse theme modal, click