Install failure using DigitalOcean

Hey guys, I’m trying to get a forum started on a subdomain (forums.agent49.net). I’ve literally tried installing 15+ different times and I get the same issue. Screenshot below; I’m using Mailgun and a Digital Ocean droplet.

Any ideas what the issue is? I’m certainly not a coder, so dumb it down for me if possible.

This is a screenshot of Your app.yml, You should probably copy/paste the error that you’re getting while installation.

Checking your domain name. . .
WARNING: : This server does not appear to be accessible at forums.agent49.net: 443.

A connection to port 80 succeeds, however.
This suggests that your DNS settings are correct but something is keeping traffic to port 443 from getting to your server. Check your networking configuration to see that connections to port 443 are allowed.

You have the Cloudflare thing enabled. Go to Cloudflare DNS and make the orange cloud gray.

Wait a bit and try again after that.

4 Likes

Thanks, I had a couple that were orange. I’ve changed them as you suggested and will try again in a bit.

1 Like

Adding to this, FYI, you can use the preformatted text (also called code block) feature. You paste text/code between three backticks (also called acute, grave accent, left quote, open quote, or back quote) on lines before and after the pasted text.

See Commonmark help for an example:

Text/code
1 Like

This fixed my issue, thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.