Introducing Discourse Chat (BETA)

Everything has been great so far.

On iOS, Safari as well as Discourse Hub when you open the chat the top part gets overlapped by the header. So the minimize/close buttons aren’t visible, tapping on the logo is the only way out.

Just saw this topic, looks like Android, the same issue appears there:

8 Likes

Is there a theme (or theme component) that makes the chat go to the sidebar instead of floating above the Discourse topics?
Most displays today are wide enough to allow the topics and the chat side by side easily.

6 Likes

There is. Here on meta its called Focused Sidebar and Focused Sidebar (dark). I cant seem to find the topic for this theme thought.

5 Likes

Thanks. From what I understand, it is not available yet but is planned to be built in Discourse soon-ish.

4 Likes

The way to do this today is to go “full screen” on chat. It has its own sidebar for channels, no theme required.

Chat is full screen when you do the above, not side by side with topics. But that can be addressed by opening a separate window and putting them side by side.

5 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Users should be automatically removed from channels they can no longer access

Thanks, I was looking for side by side with topics. It would help users to adopt the concept of chat and topics duality

5 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: How to receive chat push notifications/emails?

Now this plugin is #official official I’m going to close this topic off. :+1:

16 Likes