Is there an E-commerce plugin for Discourse?

I was asked a question the other day about Discourse, but I can’t find an answer.
The Ask:

They want to have a “Market Place” where users can Post items for sale. They use Stripe for their payment processing.

My question:
Is there a plugin or a Tool that integrates with Discourse that I can point them to?

1 Like

Sort of - there is this:

This connects Stripe and group membership, which can then be leveraged as you wish. However, this probably isn’t quite what you are after.

I don’t think that there is currently a plugin to do discrete (one-off) purchases via Stripe, but it sure would be helpful. We’d love it in order to accept payment for events, without having to do painful workarounds.

2 Likes

Exactly. I already played around with Subscription plugin, but it is not what they are looking for.

I started work on something like that. It counted on an external escrow service and staff to manage it manually (though it could theoretically be automated).

Integration with a two way service like PayPal, could be done, but it would be a fair amount of work. I’d think a week or two.

1 Like