Issue - Please wait before trying to login again

Some of my members are facing a constant issue. Snapshot below. Could anyone please help me understand why this is happening and which setting I should change to avoid this?

Facing this issue too, tried updating Discourse to the latest version, but that does not seem to be working. Please share a fix if you have found one.

Google login is working fine for the same people who face an issue logging in with username password. So, I have enabled google login alone on my website for now

Are there any errors in /logs you could share?

Hi! I’m having the same issue today.
Inicially, the company’s IP was blocked, so no one in the office could log in. After approving the IP again, we’re all getting this message.

Any ideas of what causes this and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi @Ayelen_Rives :wave: Maybe try allow-listing your company IP address in the screened email list at admin / logs / screened_ip_adderesses. It sounds like you are all using the company IP address and max_logins_per_ip_per_minute is being exceeded.

1 Like

Thanks for your help and sorry for the delayed answer!

It was solved:
An admin deleted a user and blocked the IP… It was the company’s IP :upside_down_face: So everyone in the office was blocked. Another admin logged in from home and unblocked it. Fortunately it was solved quickly!

1 Like

And that is very strong point against banning IPs. Last time I banned very big part of customers of Finland’s the biggest mobile ISP at capital area.

1 Like