Link "comments number" to topic page

Hello everyone,

For a custom project i need to link the number of comments (of homepage) to topics; instead of the date range popup.

If someone has a trick, I’ll be very grateful.

Thank you in advance
Camille

The “range pop-up” links to the topics first and last posts.
The topic title on the left links to the “last read post” for logged in members, else the first post of the topic.

I don’t understand exactly what your goal is here.

If you want to get a topics URL I think it would be easiest to get it from the title and remove the “/post#” portion if it’s there.

Or you could have JavaScript fire a click event on the comment number and grab data.

If you want the comment number to be a “pure” link to the topic I think using “preventDefault” should work,

1 Like

Thank you @Mittineague, for your quick answer ! I’m gonna try.

Thanks for the reply. I work with camille on this project.

His wish is to make it a one-click to the first post on the topic (or at least the last read post), instead of opening the topic-entrance with the first and last post.

Clicking or tapping on the last post date already does this, of course – it jumps you to the latest post in a single click or tap.

Caille would want something similar but with the first post.

1 Click on topic > First unread post
1 Click on date > Last post
1 Click on number of posts > First post (instead of the selector)

I think he can work without it, but we wanted to ask if it was possible, and having a lead to “how it would be possible”

Have you got anything put together that works “somewhat”?

i.e. have you been able to successfully reference the table cells or links in the DOM?

Seeing what code you have so far would be a help. (posted here or GitHub link)

To be honest, we were just exploring the idea, to see if it was possible quite easily.

I don’t have a lot of knowledge in javascript to change these kind of things or even start with something relevant. You don’t have to put efforts into it