Links in titles not adding a clickable link for newly created categories

For some categories, creating a topic using a link is not working – or it isn’t supported for some reason.

The title placeholder seems to be completely different for the two cases.

Working:
Screen Shot 2022-11-06 at 17.59.28

Result: topic title has a clickable link

Screen Shot 2022-11-06 at 18.03.05

Not working:

Result: topic title does not have a clickable link.

I have the same settings for both categories. If I remember well, one of them was a built-in category I renamed (the one that is working).

Is this intentional or is this a bug? Is there anything I can do to enable this linking feature for newly created categories?

Hello and welcome @szcsl :slightly_smiling_face:

Normally the title placeholder changes to ‘What is this discussion about in one brief sentence’ when the topic featured link enabled admin setting has been toggled off. You could check the settings page to see if that’s the case?

I am unsure why one category would still be allowing it though?

Hi,

Thanks, the setting is enabled for both categories. All the settings on the settings screen are the same for both categories.

If that global admin setting is enabled it should allow it for all categories at the point of topic creation. Just to check, are you having this issue when creating a topic, or when editing a topic?

I created a new category. I haven’t changed any setting. I added a few topics and I noticed this going on.

If I create a topic in a category that’s working as expected, I can move the topic to the other category afterwards and it will work as expected.

Editing a topic that was created in the wrong category in the first place seems to work.

1 Like

I’ve just had a quick run-through on my test site, and when I create a new category it does at first give the ‘What is this discussion about in one brief sentence’ placeholder text for all its new topics until I refresh the page to reload the site. Could you try refreshing your page and trying those categories again and see if that helps?

4 Likes

There is a topic about this specific issue, but maybe @szcsl’s issue is different? We’ll see :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, now that I restarted my computer and I reopened the site, it works. :man_shrugging: :pray:

1 Like

That’s great. :slight_smile:

As this has cropped up before (as @Canapin mentioned) I’ll link these topics together so we can track it better. :+1:

Immediately after creating a new category, pasting a link in new topic's title doesn't automatically fill the title and the post content

This topic was automatically closed after 23 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.