List of public Discourse powered sites

Hello dear discourse community!

My aim is to collect as many as possible public Discourse sites in this “Discourse Subdomains” list at github. The list is sorted by 3rd level subdomains. I’m doing a research to find out what kind of subdomains people are using to host Discourse and how popular are certain subdomains.

Feel free to add any yet not listed discourse instance to the list either:

1. directly at github via a pull request (the repo takes part at Hacktoberfest!) or
  2. post it directly here in this topic.

If you know a good source of such discourse instances or know a good search query to pull this kind of data from Google - please let me know :pray:

6 Likes

there is

and

6 Likes

I own https://forum.monocycle.info/ and https://unicyclist.com/, the latter having no subdomain though.

It would be interesting to know how and why they chose the subdomain they use.

4 Likes

This should really help you out: Websites using Discourse

6 Likes
4 Likes

As I was trying to find a useful (and free) list of Discourse forums online and since I couldn’t find one, I went ahead and created a crowd-curated “awesome” list on GitHub anyone can contribute to: awesome-discourse-communities/README.md at main · rugpullindex/awesome-discourse-communities · GitHub

My hope is that over the many years to come, a few searchers will end up here, find my repository and help contribute with links.

4 Likes

You can already add all the links provided on the first post link, Discourse customers, and those listed by users on this topic. It would be a better start than having only a handful of links.

2 Likes

Roblox seems to use Discourse for its developer community.

2 Likes

From our data:

forum 31%
community 15%
www 10%
forums 5%
discuss 2%
discourse 2%
talk 1%

11 Likes

Let me guess… :thinking:

2 Likes

Interesting. What about TLD?

1 Like

49 % com
12 % org
4 % io
4 % net

All country codes less than 4%

2 Likes

Thank you for that insight.

2 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Forum Performance Indicators

Wouldn’t a #wiki-posts be better for this?

3 Likes
1 Like