Log out and do not disturb disappear from user menu

Just updated a local instance and the log-out icon on the user menu disappeared. Same on meta.

1 Like

Still here at the bottom on Meta… are you using a theme other than the default?

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 9.35.08 PM

2 Likes

Screenshot from 2021-01-05 01-47-20

The default theme. I see it as above on meta and that local instance. But do see the option on some other (not updated) discourse sites.

3 Likes

Hmm maybe an update we made is conflicting with a browser extension? I still can’t reproduce the issue (on different sites, using different accounts). Which browser version/OS are you using?

2 Likes

I do have the log out and “do not disturb” buttons. Everything is also normal for me. May seem to be a problem on @nolo 's side? You wouldn’t have tried some CSS implementations, Nolo?

Or maybe this.

2 Likes

I do see it on some browsers, but others not. Where it’s not visible now:
Debian 10/Firefox78esr
Debian 10/Chromium 83
Lineage 17/ Lineage Browser 10
Lineage 17/FOSS-Browser 7.2

3 Likes

Logout and DND are also not visible with my various Firefox/Chrome versions on Debian desktop independent of extensions. Problem seems to be with the flex settings on the do-not-disturb <li> item. (The siblings are flex not on the li, but on the <a>?) If I disable flex: 0 0 100%; in the rule for .user-menu .quick-access-panel li.do-not-disturb, the buttons reappear (on Debian 10 / Firefox 78).

5 Likes

Moved this over to a new topic so it doesn’t get lost… I’m able to reproduce this now and can look into it later today. Oddly enough, I see them when I open the menu, but when I right click and select inspect they disappear.

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 3.53.40 PM

4 Likes

So I can’t tell exactly what is causing this… it seems to have something to do with the addition of our new Do not disturb link causing the panel to overflow despite height being available.

Either way, the content in this panel shouldn’t be hidden on overflow because it’s not accessible with a “view all” button like notifications are. Allowing the content to scroll when needed also fixes this issue.

It needs a review and a merge and should be available if you update later this week.

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/pull/11639

11 Likes

Should @markvanlan have a look at this?

2 Likes

The PR is approved but being blocked by a license/cla issue. I’ll make a new PR with the same changes.

Here it is
https://github.com/discourse/discourse/pull/11644

2 Likes

This is now merged and live on Meta… @benkeks, @nolo is it working ok for you on Meta now?

7 Likes

Yeah, the two buttons are back, over here! :slight_smile: Thanks!

6 Likes