Make flag button visible for anonymous users

Hey folks,

I have recently set up a Discourse Forum for my company. We want to comply with the requirement in the EU Digital Service Act’s Article 16 (emphasis mine):

Providers of hosting services shall put mechanisms in place to allow any individual or entity to notify them of the presence on their service of specific items of information that the individual or entity considers to be illegal content. Those mechanisms shall be easy to access and user-friendly, and shall allow for the submission of notices exclusively by electronic means.

I have already set the flag post allowed groups setting to include everyone, but in order to fully comply, I would also want to make the flag button visible to signed out users. It is acceptable to me if they were prompted to create an account to flag, even better would be allowing them to flag without an account.

Is there a setting I have missed with which I can accomplish this? If not, what would be an easy way to add such a button myself, e.g. using a custom theme component?

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Making ‘illegal’ content reportable to non-logged in users