Make it more difficult for flags to hide a Regular's post

(Hi, I’m new here so please tell me if I made a mistake, also I’m tired so I may not make much sense)

On a few Discourse communities, I’ve seen mass flagging against a few regulars which isn’t spam and follows the different communities’s guidelines and the posts were even restored by the different communities’s staff.

I believe this has been happening on many forums so I believe the default flag threshold for regulars should be raised as many discourse communities use the default limits.

Edit: Thanks for the edit, I can’t spell today :laughing:

5 Likes

Are you staff on any of these communities? Hopefully the people abusing the flag system are being suspended or banned?

5 Likes

No, just a regular also none of these people are being suspended or banned :confused:

1 Like

I got like three flags in a row about spam/appropriateness in one day, and they were in one day and false

Sorry, I am unclear. What’s the problem? What are you proposing?

I think he means that there should be more flags will be required to hide a regular’s post so it doesn’t take one or two people to hide a few posts of useful information

3 Likes

Yes. I say regulars because:

Regulars are the backbone of your community, the most active readers and reliable contributors over a period of months, even years. Because they’re always around, they can be further trusted to help tidy up and organize the community.

- Understanding Discourse Trust Levels

As said above in the quote, Regulars are some of the most trusted people so they are less likely to spam/break the community guidelines.

3 Likes

Ah. It takes only one flag to hide a trust level 3 post. It should take more than that to hide it. Otherwise their is someone going around just flagging every post.

2 Likes

Your best bet would be to reach out to the moderation team on the forum ask them to change some settings.

6 Likes