Member unable to copy and paste on android phone

I’m not sure if this is a bug or not, but a couple of members have mentioned this. One member closes down and reopens the app and it solves the problem. The other has restarted their phone, updated their software and updated the app, but nothing is working.

Is there a way to fix this?

There is already a bug topic. Could it be the same issue?

2 Likes

They’re unable to click on and select any text at all, whether to quote or copy and paste.

That seems still similar. Does you site use the reactions plugin?

1 Like

Moving this into support as there’s nothing here as yet which identifies this to be a bug.

We need details on the handset in question, plus OS version and browser.

It would also help to know if this has always been the case or is a recent change.

I would recommend asking them to visit another discourse instance such as try.discourse.org to see if the issue persists.

1 Like

Hey there!
I’m on mobile, and I encounter this issue occasionally.
I believe exiting the forum (like closing the tab etc) is my workaround. (I haven’t encountered this recently but I think that was what I did when I did).
Sorry for the confusing choice of words.

1 Like

Member 1

• Samsung s20 fe
  • “latest software”
  • “Samsung internet browser”

Could not select text, despite closing the app, updating the app, restarting phone etc. They could select text in their browser. Then suddenly, they could select text in the app again. A few hours later they were back to not being able to select text.

Member 2

• iPhone 13 Pro Max
  • iOS 16.6
  • Using the app

“It must’ve resolved and then transferred the problem to me! I suddenly cannot copy text and have never had that issue before.

EDIT: Just switched to browser (Safari) and can copy text fine there)

EDIT: Closed the app, opened it again, and it now works fine for me, so an easily fixable glitch for me at least!”

Other members have said:

“Also can’t on my pixel android. Works fine on the pc tho.”

“I have a fairly new iPhone, and it often won’t copy either :woman_shrugging:

“On occasion yes, I exit out of here completely and go back in and it’s no issue.”

“My phone is old, haven’t updated it in years, no issues. Hope that helps”

So, the whole problem seems to be completely inconsistent and trying to find a common denominator feels rather tricky.