Anyone with any other ideas?
Now you mention this… I previously couldn’t add unicyclist.com to the app with the same error.
When I tried again after a few weeks, I could add the forum to the app.
I didn’t understand why it was repaired, but reading your message I remember I changed my CDN from Stackpath to Bunny.
Note that I use Bunny’s default settings. Nothing special.
So, this issue may come from a CDN configuration, I guess. Not saying this is the case for you, of course.
Your CDN is blocking head requests and that breaks lots of things:
curl -I https://forum.penangexpats.com/ HTTP/2 403 date: Mon, 22 May 2023 16:56:12 GMT server: BunnyCDN-SG1-868
And that is the real problem in our world.
Thanks for that, Now I can go back to them and tell them the issue.
Are you using custom Bunny settings?
I’m curious, as I use the same CDN without any issues.
Yes I am, maybe we can compare and see what the issue is? By custom I mean I have mainly done Custom domain.
So Bunny CDN got back to me and said.
have diagnosed this further, and my original guess was correct. Your origin seems to be blocking requests that do not contain a specific browser user agent, see here:
The top one succeeds when I specify a Chrome user-agent, the bottom one 403’s when there is none. This is not a configuration from Bunny, and must certainly be coming from the origin. I’d recommend checking this further on your end.
In this case, then I think answering
isn’t very valuable?
Still, I just added another hostname and forced SSL:
Thats exactly what I did. However, from Bunny they say its the user agent issue.
Can we compare what you have set under user agents in Discourse?
Can you clarify what you mean by this?
What I mean is what do you have set under user agents in your Discourse setup?
Are you trying to use bunny to proxy your entire site, or just serve assets?
I have used Bunny for the entire site not just the images.
I’m sorry as I can’t answer you as I still don’t understand the question
I know what a user agent is, and I only have very basic knowledge about CDN, and know pretty much nothing about proxying or stuff like this.
Are you referring to Discourse or Bunny’s configuration? In either case, I didn’t do anything with settings related to some user agents. My forum is a standard install with no fancy stuff, and my Bunny configuration is very standard as well.
I can show you my general configuration in Bunny:
Thanks for that. In your Discourse setup for User agents, it is it blank?
Cause Bunny’s support says the user agent is the issue in Discourse after checking.
And for some reason blocking the website from loading in the mobile app. So wierd.
In fact, I only blocked some additional crawler user agents, but I doubt it has anything to do with such an issue (note that I didn’t get any more knowledge since the last minutes )
Well not sure what else I need to do and why the mobile app says the URL was not found.
Everything else works amazingly well.
You don’t have Discourse configured to use a CDN as described at Enable a CDN for your Discourse.
If you have all traffic going through your bunny.net cdn then there is some chance that it is causing a problem.
If your site isn’t working just on the app, my best guess is that you entered the wrong URL ( maybe it has to do with the proxy config somehow, but I can’t guess how).
Thanks but I wouldnt be that stupid to punch in the wrong URL, checked it many times and there is no proxy either. But it could be something with Bunny oh well.