Most Liked Users on Summary Page

On the Discourse summary page, there’s a section for Most Liked By:

It’d be neat if there were a section for Most Liked Users that showed the top six users that have received the most likes from the owner of the profile – essentially the flip side of Most Liked By. Being able to see, at a glance, which users make posts that the profile owner likes the most would be interesting.

10 Likes

I support this idea!

1 Like

Yeah that’s fun info. Ironically we started out with a more compact design for “Most liked by” but beefed it up so it wouldn’t look so sparse in contrast to the other columns.

If we want to add a 3rd column there (or rather, split the Most Liked By column in 2), it would make sense to revert to the old styling.

No need, the requirement is that we can only add columns in twos, so just come up with another useful column of info to display here.

The only things I can think of ATM that might even be remotely useful are a type of “most @metioned by” or a “most quoted by”
But IMHO those are more “interesting” than useful.

4 Likes

Hmm broadening that a bit to most replied to would be useful, I think. Who replies to you the most? Who do you reply to most often?

On a less busy site this might just translate into “who posts a lot” which isn’t hugely significant but on a busy site, I think you’d find some useful patterns.

6 Likes

can we be able to see who we have liked the most, beside of who have most liked our posts?

Sure I support adding two more columns:

• Most Replied To (who you reply to the most, experimental, may not stay)
  • Most Liked (who you like the most)

Not urgent @zogstrip but if you want a break from email, we can add those.

3 Likes

Will soon be live :sunglasses:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/c775ea7b5effda4dc165bc6b9e99b13c50e4c615

7 Likes

(do we have a canonical topic for this feature? can’t find it so posting here)

I think maybe we should remove the “x bookmarks” counter:

1. It’s pseudo-private information
  2. There’s not much of interest to derive from this number
  3. It creates an awkward 2nd row on Macbook Pro 13’, which is a fairly common screen size
2 Likes

are you sure bookmark count is publicly visible there? It should not be, if it is then its a bug. Really should only show up when you are looking at your own profile.

EDIT yeah showing bookmarks there is clearly a bug @zogstrip I can see the count as anon

4 Likes

I think it should show up for yourself at least.

:bookmark: count is now only displayed for yourself.

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/03605f1b013a125d5df7873e8f9ce9efeef38cb6

8 Likes