Most Liked Users on Summary Page

(Drew) #1

On the Discourse summary page, there’s a section for Most Liked By:

It’d be neat if there were a section for Most Liked Users that showed the top six users that have received the most likes from the owner of the profile – essentially the flip side of Most Liked By. Being able to see, at a glance, which users make posts that the profile owner likes the most would be interesting.

(GRX) #2

I support this idea!

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #3

Yeah that’s fun info. Ironically we started out with a more compact design for “Most liked by” but beefed it up so it wouldn’t look so sparse in contrast to the other columns.

If we want to add a 3rd column there (or rather, split the Most Liked By column in 2), it would make sense to revert to the old styling.

(Jeff Atwood) #4

No need, the requirement is that we can only add columns in twos, so just come up with another useful column of info to display here.

(Mittineague) #5

The only things I can think of ATM that might even be remotely useful are a type of “most @metioned by” or a "most quoted by"
But IMHO those are more “interesting” than useful.

(Jeff Atwood) #6

Hmm broadening that a bit to most replied to would be useful, I think. Who replies to you the most? Who do you reply to most often?

On a less busy site this might just translate into “who posts a lot” which isn’t hugely significant but on a busy site, I think you’d find some useful patterns.

(GRX) #7

can we be able to see who we have liked the most, beside of who have most liked our posts?

(Jeff Atwood) #8

Sure I support adding two more columns:

• Most Replied To (who you reply to the most, experimental, may not stay)
  • Most Liked (who you like the most)

Not urgent @zogstrip but if you want a break from email, we can add those.

(Régis Hanol) #9

Will soon be live :sunglasses:

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #10

(do we have a canonical topic for this feature? can’t find it so posting here)

I think maybe we should remove the “x bookmarks” counter:

1. It’s pseudo-private information
  2. There’s not much of interest to derive from this number
  3. It creates an awkward 2nd row on Macbook Pro 13’, which is a fairly common screen size

(Sam Saffron) #11

are you sure bookmark count is publicly visible there? It should not be, if it is then its a bug. Really should only show up when you are looking at your own profile.

EDIT yeah showing bookmarks there is clearly a bug @zogstrip I can see the count as anon

(Jeff Atwood) #12

I think it should show up for yourself at least.

(Régis Hanol) #13

:bookmark: count is now only displayed for yourself.