Multiple entries on user list (/u) for myself

Hi all,

I have run into an issue when I visit /u on my discourse install to visit the users page.

Some users are listed 2 or 3 times in this list but when you search for the user they only appear once as they should.

The site uses SSO.

Could anyone help point me in the right direction to stop the duplicate listings?

Many Thanks for your time,

Rob

Normally its only your own account that would show twice - at the top for comparison and also in the list as per normal at the right position.

3 Likes

Hi Mike,

Thanks so much for your fast reply.

My own account gets duplicated 3 times and one other account which is a non admin account gets listed twice. Do you think SSO may have had an effect here?

Thanks,

Rob

Can you repro this @jomaxro (not for your own account being duplicated at the top, that is by design, but the other parts?)

2 Likes

I have not been able to repro this, no. Been checking a few different sites every few days over the last week, never seen duplication other than the second entry for my own user.

@Rob_Jeffrey, the screenshot you shared shows your user duplicated (as expected - it displays at the top for you and then later in the list where it is “sorted”). However, I don’t see you appearing a third time, nor any other duplicated users. Can you share a screenshot that shows the unexpected duplication? Also, how new is your site? Is it by chance a recent install?

2 Likes