Must visit my own preferences to mute a profile that has “hide my profile” enabled

In Account settings under Interface a user can elect to select the option to “Hide my Public Profile and Presence features”.

However, this appears to cause an unintended effect as while the Profile can no longer be selected and will no longer show any information to other users whether signed in or not, the other users also can no longer interact with that Profile to either mute or ignore it. Effectively this option allows users to prevent their accounts from being muted or ignored by other users.

It may not be possible or easy, but the mute or ignore options should ideally be able to be interacted with on every user account, regardless of if the account in question has enabled the option to hide their public Profile.

5 Likes

While not ideal, there is a workaround. You can add users to your muted or ignored lists directly from your own settings.

5 Likes

I’ve had this problem too.

3 Likes

Good point… maybe we should add the mute/ignore button to the usercard

3 Likes

This is intentional, as we don’t want “make this person disappear” to be a top level item associated with every user card — that sends a disturbing message out into the world. Go to your preferences and add them to the list.

4 Likes