My credit on DigitalOcean used as payment, correct?

Hi,

I just deposited 50 US$ to my Digital Ocean account and it says I have 51.04US$ left as credit.
Does this mean that my 20US$/month will be paid using the credit or do I have to do something else? I just don’t want my forum to go down because of me being stupid.

Yes, they should withdraw it from your credit. Once that runs out, they will likely notify you and send you a bill

3 Likes

Great! I just don’t want it to be pulled ^^. Thanks!

Quick heads up - while many users here use Digital Ocean and are generally knowledgeable, Discourse ≠ Digital Ocean. You may be better off asking Digital Ocean themselves. Contact Support at DigitalOcean. I’ve always had a good experience reaching out to them when needed.

7 Likes

Well, @jomaxro, that is a good point, but I suspect lots of folks here who need help with questions like this don’t know where else to look!

I had an account that I’d forgotten about (I create a bunch of accounts doing installs) that ran $12 over the $5 I had deposited before they threatened to shut me down. They probably won’t shut you down immediately,but make sure you monitor your email from them.

2 Likes